To support a data-driven response to the coronavirus pandemic, America is looking for better ways to:
- capture COVID-19 diagnostic data
- standardize that data
- report key data elements efficiently and accurately
We invite everyone to be part of the solution!
What is diagnostic data?
Diagnostic data refers to information collected and used in the investigation and diagnosis of a disease. In this case, diagnostic data refers to information collected from laboratory and non-laboratory diagnostic testing for COVID-19.
Join us in developing technical innovations to help fight COVID-19!
- Improve speed, utility, and comprehensiveness of diagnostic data collection and use
- Develop user-friendly, integrated software and digital health tools to overcome the challenges of at-anywhere testing
- Facilitate the capture, harmonization, and secure transmission of key data elements to public health authorities, healthcare providers, and patients
The COVID-19 At-Anywhere Diagnostics Design-a-thon brings together all sectors to build digital solutions for data capture, harmonization, and reporting from COVID-19 diagnostic tests. These COVID-19 diagnostic tools — whether used in laboratory or non-laboratory settings — must securely transmit results to local, state, and national public health authorities.
Become a part of our COVID-19 solvers community by adding your profile and ideas. #COVIDdesignathon
Guidance and Technical Specifications for COVID-19 Test Reporting
To guide the U.S. pandemic response, the following guidance and technical specifications must be adopted and put into practice for real-world impact.
- COVID-19 Lab Data Reporting Guidance*
- COVID-19 Lab-Based Data Reporting Specifications*
- COVID-19 Non-Lab-Based Data Reporting Specifications*
Goals for the COVID-19 At-Anywhere Diagnostics Design-A-Thon
The COVID-19 At-Anywhere Diagnostics Design-a-thon launches November 9, 2020 with two goals:
- Foster public-private development of combined software-hardware COVID-19 diagnostics.
- Launch an interface that exemplifies critical design principles and provides device/systems-agnostic “docking” between HHS Protect and various reporting systems, called “Wireless Automated Transmission for Electronic Reporting Systems (WATERS).”
Innovation across HHS
Provides the latest information from the White House Coronavirus Task Force
CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webpage
Delivers up-to-date information, statistics, and guidance on COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
HHS Protect Public Data Hub
Offers high-quality, accessible, and timely information related to COVID-19 for entrepreneurs, researchers, and policy makers to help drive insights and better health outcomes for all
Makes valuable HHS data publicly discoverable and maximizes utility for entrepreneurs, researchers, policymakers, and the public
*This content is in the process of Section 508 review. If you need immediate assistance accessing this content, please submit a request to [email protected]. Content will be updated pending the outcome of the Section 508 review.