If you are managing an existing website, keeping content up to date, ensuring site users can complete their tasks, and driving continuous user-centered improvement are critical. Use the following resources to help manage your site successfully.
- HHS Website Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) and Archive Guidance
HHS.gov and its priority websites need to maintain timely and accurate content to reliably deliver important health and human service information to the nation. In this guidance we discuss the life cycle management of content and archiving guidance. This guidance will govern the maintenance of HHS and priority websites. Also, see the Archive Schedule.
- Conduct regular 508 compliance testing and broken link scanning
- Understand user behavior with analytics and customer feedback
- Make sure people can find your site
- Improve your Search Engine Optimization tactics
- Apply HHS Web Standards and Usability Guidelines
- Evaluate your site with usability testing
- Ensure proper documentation for site management and regular content review