Register with SAM and Grants.gov
First, you must register with the System for Award Management (SAM.gov) to obtain a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI). The UEI is a 12-character alphanumeric identifier assigned to all entities (public and private companies, individuals, institutions, or organizations) to do business with the Federal Government. Organizations will need to designate an E-Business Point of Contact (EBiz POC). It can take 7-10 business days to complete the registration process. There is no fee for registering with SAM.
Second, register with Grants.gov where you can find and apply for grants. Be sure to register with Grants.gov after your SAM registration is fully completed. Grants.gov registration is usually completed by the end of the session. Also, visit Learn Grants to find information about successfully navigating every phase of the grant management process from applying and reporting to the award closeout. There is no fee for registering with Grants.gov.
Find and Apply for Grants
HHS distributes the largest amount of grant funding of any Federal agency. Most HHS grant funds go to States, Territories, and Tribes, but approximately 32,800 grants were awarded to non-government agencies in FY 2013. If you or your agency would like to work on behalf of the nation providing needed services, find and apply for our grants.
- In-depth search for forecasted and available HHS grant opportunities (Grants.gov)
Refine your search by agency, eligibility, and category.
- Subscribe to receive the Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships Grant Information Newsletter via email.
Learn to Manage HHS Grants
When doing the work of the government through a grant or other funding mechanism, it is important to understand the HHS grants management process for awarding grants and reviewing grants already awarded.
- Learn about the HHS Grants Management Process
- Use these Tips for Preparing Grant Proposals
- Find out about the Grant Administrative Tools used for managing federal grants.
Grant Management Guidance by Agency
- How to Apply for an ACF Grant
- ACF Funding Opportunity Announcements
- ACF Grant Terms and Conditions
- ACF Funding Forms
- ACF Performance Progress Report
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Grant Post Award Management (Includes information on grant payment and financial reporting requirements)
- AHRQ Grants Process
- Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Guidance
- Research Grant Policies
Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
Indian Health Service (IHS)