• Text Resize A A A
  • Print Print
  • Share Share on facebook Share on twitter Share

Category: Fraud


How can I report fraud, waste, and abuse about an HHS program?

Complaints of possible fraud, waste, and abuse can be reported to the Inspector General's Hotline. 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477)

Posted in: Fraud
Do I have to identify myself if I report fraud to the Inspector General?

Providing your identity and contact information could help any subsequent investigation, as there may be additional questions. If you choose to remain anonymous, the best method to send your complaint would be by regular mail.

Posted in: Fraud
What information do I need to provide when submitting a complaint to the Office of Inspector General Hotline?

If you would like your referral to be submitted anonymously please indicate in your phone call to 1-800-447-8477 that you wish to remain anonymous.

Posted in: Fraud
How do I report disability fraud?

You can report disability fraud to the Social Security Administration (SSA) Office of Inspector General Hotline: 1-800-269-0271.

Posted in: Fraud
How do I report identity theft?

You can call the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at 1-877-438-4338 to report identity theft.

Posted in: Fraud
How do I report fraud, waste or abuse of Medicare?

To report suspected Medicare fraud, call toll free 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477).

Posted in: Fraud
What happens when I report fraud to the Inspector General's Hotline?

If the Inspector General's staff determines that your complaint of fraud and abuse is worth further study, the complaint will be sent to appropriate agency for review and development. That agency will then decide how to proceed with the complaint. The complaint resolution process usually takes at least six months.

Posted in: Fraud
When should I call the Inspector General's Hotline on waste, fraud, and abuse?

You should contact the HHS Office of the Inspector General (OIG) Hotline to report fraud and abuse in the programs and initiatives administered by the Department of Health and Human Services.

Posted in: Fraud