• Text Resize A A A
  • Print Print
  • Share Share on facebook Share on twitter Share

Do I need any special business certifications from HHS?

HHS does not require any special business-related certifications. The Small Business Administration (SBA) certifies firms under their 8(a) Business Development Program, the Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) Program and the Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) program.

Small, Women-Owned, Veteran-Owned and Service-Disabled Veteran Owned businesses rely on self-certifications. Self-certification is not questioned until a competitor or other interested party protests. A Contracting Officer may also request a size determination from the SBA.

Service-Disabled Veteran Owned businesses should obtain validation from the Veterans Administration visit the SBA Veterans website.

Learn More:

Content created by Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs (ASPA)
Content last reviewed on June 12, 2015