• Text Resize A A A
  • Print Print
  • Share Share on facebook Share on twitter Share

Filing a Conscience or Religious Freedom Complaint

If you believe that a covered entity discriminated against you (or someone else) on the basis of conscience or religious freedom, coerced you to violate your conscience or religious beliefs, or burdened your free exercise of religion, you may file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR). You may file a complaint for yourself, your organization, or for someone else.

NOTE:  In accordance with the Office for Personnel Management's and CDC's guidelines on COVID 19, HHS personnel are teleworking.  OCR is committed to handling your complaint as quickly as possible.  However, for faster processing we storngly encourage you to use the OCR online portal to file complaints rather than filing via mail as our personnel on site is limited.

Complaint Process

Learn about the process of submitting a conscience or religious freedom complaint against a health care or social service provider.
Content created by Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
Content last reviewed on March 17, 2020