Looking for a Few Great Entrepreneurs-in-Residence: Apply Now!
Are you an entrepreneur looking for a new challenge? Does the opportunity to work on game-changing projects while serving the public appeal to you? The HHS Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIR) program, powered by the HHS IDEA Lab, is looking for talented outside experts to work at HHS on a paid, term appointment for about a year - Apply here! We are currently recruiting for Entrepreneurs-in-Residence for three exciting projects:
- The Office of Hematology and Oncology Products (OHOP) in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which is responsible for making safe and effective drugs for cancer and hematologic conditions available to the public, seeks an EIR with deep knowledge of: software development, deployment, systems architecture, network design, data analytics and database design and management to develop an electronic platform to aggregate and transform datasets to support meta-analyses that can yield groundbreaking scientific and regulatory insights. Get more details about the FDA project here.
- The Center for Program Integrity (CPI) within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), which handles all issues pertaining to fraud, waste and abuse for Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP programs, seeks an EIR with experience analyzing and gathering business requirements for IT systems, software development and systems design to develop an information technology (IT) solution that will give health care providers direct access to their interactions with Medicare.
- The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) seeks an entrepreneurial developer (Associate EIR) to support the redesign of the Blue Button service for Medicare beneficiaries. The Associate EIR will work with the team through transforming the open source FHIR java code prototype base to build a robust, Enterprise-class platform that can scale to support millions of beneficiaries.
Some of our awesome current and former EIRs include:
- Mark Scrimshire who is developing innovative tools for CMS to provide medicare beneficiaries with access to their personal health information
- Paula Braun who is helping CDC redesign the nation's electronic death registration system; and
- David Portnoy, who is developing groundbreaking approaches to gather input from industry and academia about what data they need from HHS:
Stay tuned for a twitter chat with current and former EIR program participants in mid-June. Interested in being an EIR though you may not be a fit for the current open projects? Well, go ahead and submit an application! We'll add new projects throughout the year and we will keep your application on file to review should something come up that matches your expertise! Also, keep checking the HHS IDEA Lab website for future announcements and updates. If you have the right stuff, want to serve your country, solve a critical problem, and are excited to join an amazing group of entrepreneurs and innovators working with HHS IDEA Lab - apply today! We look forward to working with you. Note: on July 6th, this blog post was updated with an additional open position (the Associate EIR position).