Health Datapalooza 2016: Promoting Global Innovation Through Health Data
You know that Health Datapalooza (HDP) is where U.S.-based patients, providers, payers, journalists, policy wonks and coders go to network and connect around a geeky love for health data. But did you know that this year's HDP also includes 22 speakers from five different countries who are driving health-data innovations around the world?
It's not surprising that HDP has gained international attention - the health data movement is global. "The past four years of joint work between the HHS and that National Health Service (NHS) has demonstrated the value of international collaboration to promote global innovation in open health data, creating shared quality indicators, and developing new apps and services to benefit the health of people everywhere." commented Tim Kelsey, Strategy and Commercial Director at Telstra Health and former National Director for Patients and Information in NHS.
Health Information Technology (IT) operates in a global marketplace. International leaders are working to connect their entrepreneurs with the best data from around the world to drive improvement in health and healthcare. International representatives attending HDP 2016 will discuss how they are using novel data sources, including data from wearable technologies and social media, to address grand challenges in health such as chronic disease management and improving care for aging populations. The International Track will also explore how different countries are unlocking value from electronic medical records to improve care coordination and increase care quality are while protecting patient privacy and security.
The HDP International Track is the place to learn from the collective global braintrust about: successes, failures, lessons learned and opportunities for collaboration across national borders in the health data space. Improving health and healthcare is a worldwide goal - so come and meet your international health data alter egos in the following sessions:
- A panel of global investors in digital health will share their perspectives on the most exciting international investment opportunities on Sunday afternoon.
- George William Freeman, a Member of Parliament in the UK returns to the HDP mainstage on Monday morning to provide an update about the changing landscape of health innovation in the UK. His talk will be followed by an exciting announcement about the winners of the Open Science Prize, an open innovation challenge co-funded by US and UK institutions.
- Monday will also feature three separate International Track panels focused on Open Data Initiatives, Quality Indicators, and Health IT Policy Priorities with expert speakers from the Australia, Canada, France, Israel and the UK.
- Moshe Bar Siman Tov, Director General, Ministry of Health, Israel, will deliver a keynote speech focused on Israel's open data efforts at lunchtime on Tuesday.
- During the post-conference session, international speakers will contribute to discussions in the privacy and security post-conference summit to address key challenges in the global context.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to learn about the most exciting developments in health data from around the world!