OCR Settles Five More Investigations in HIPAA Right of Access Initiative
The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is announcing it has settled five more investigations in its HIPAA Right of Access Initiative this year. OCR announced this initiative as an enforcement priority in 2019 to support individuals’ right to timely access to their health records and at a reasonable cost. The five settlements announced below bring OCR’s total to seven completed enforcement actions under the Right of Access Initiative.
- Read the HHS Press Release
- Read the Housing Works, Inc. resolution agreement and correction action plan*
- Read the All Inclusive Medical Services, Inc. (AIMS) resolution agreement and correction action plan*
- Read the Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services (BILHBS) resolution agreement and corrective action*
- Read the King MD resolution agreement and corrective action plan*
- Read the Wise Psychiatry, PC resolution agreement and corrective action plan*
* People using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, contact the HHS Office for Civil Rights at (800) 368-1019, TDD toll-free: (800) 537-7697, or by emailing [email protected].